A list of suggestions by C.J. Mahanney.
1. Reflect on the wonder of the cross of Christ.
AS EACH DAY BEGINS:
2. Begin your day by acknowledging your dependence upon God and your need for God.
3. Begin your day expressing gratefulness to God.
4. Practice the spiritual disciplines-prayer, study of God’s Word, worship. Do this consistently each day and at the day’s outset, if possible.
5. Seize your commute time to memorise and meditate on Scripture.
6. Cast your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.
AS EACH DAY ENDS:
7. At the end of the day, transfer the glory to God.
8. Before going to sleep, receive the gift of sleep from God and acknowledge His purpose for sleep.
FOR SPECIAL FOCUS:
9. Study the attributes of God. (esp. incommunicable attributes)
10. Study the doctrines of grace.
11. Study the doctrine of sin.
12. Play golf as much as possible. (Ok, I don’t play golf though.)
13. Laugh often, and laugh often at yourself. (Ok, this I can do.)
THROUGHOUT YOUR DAYS AND WEEKS:
14. Identify evidences of grace in others.
15. Encourage and serve others each and everyday.
16. Invite and pursue correction.
17. Respond humbly to trials.
I really enjoyed reading this short book. Because I think it deals with a vitaly important issue that I do not think enough about.
Going to work on point 1 by reading the recommended The Cross of Christ by John Stott.