David Cook in addressing the theological equipping of a Gospel worker said “Read and read widely.” He went down to the 2 book tables that were at the conference and picked up books that will form a reading plan. I thank God for what he said and did. It was something that I really needed to hear-to be encouraged and guided into the reading of good books. And how David went about just downstairs to pick up books to form a reading plan was just inspirational. We are so thankful for the availability of good resources. We just need good shepherds to point us in the right direction, read along with us, equip and encourage us in the work of the Gospel. Oh, and here’s the list!
- Pierced For Our Transgressions: Rediscovering the Glory of Penal Substitution By Steve Jeffery, Michael Ovey, Andrew Sach, Foreword by John Piper
- What Is The Mission Of The Church?: Making Sense of Social Justice, Shalom, and the Great Commission By Kevin DeYoung, Greg Gilbert
- The Priority of Preaching By Christopher Ash
- God’s Big Picture: Tracing The Storyline Of The Bible By Vaughan Roberts
- The Unheeded Christ: Jesus Demands Serious Obedience By David Cook
- Joshua: No Falling Words By Dale Ralph Davis
- The Holy Spirit (Contours Of Christian Theology) By Sinclair Ferguson